What’s different about a celebrant wedding
- Your wedding ceremony is uniquely written for you – different from anyone else’s
- Your wedding is full of your choices – free from boring rules and regulations
- Your ceremony reflects your style, personality, beliefs – and your wedding theme
- You benefit from my years of experience and I offer lots of useful advice on what makes a wonderful ceremony
- You will feel so much more confident and relaxed on the day because we have a good rapport and trust
- My weddings are inclusive – Love is definitely Love. I’m sensitive to anyone with special needs or disabilities.
How to plan your wedding
For your marriage to be legal, you also need to book a legal ceremony with your local registration service. You must give 29 days’ notice of your intention to marry. Some couples have their legal ceremony the day before their bespoke wedding; others opt for weeks or months before. There’s also the option to have the registrars come to your licensed venue.
To make the booking, contact your local UK registry office or the equivalent abroad. It’s best to book your legal marriage as soon as possible, as the popular summer dates get filled very quickly.
The simplest legal ceremony costs just £50. You will pay more for the use of a function room, or for the registrars to come to your venue.
Let me know what you’re thinking and if you need help. As an ex-registrar myself, I know how to make your legal ceremony and your bespoke ceremony complement each other perfectly.
How I work with you
We’ll meet, either in person or on the phone and to begin with I’ll ask lots of questions to find out what makes you tick. I want to make sure I really understand what you’re imagining for your wedding day. Once I have the info, I’ll get started. Creating your ceremony will be a fun, collaborative experience!
My wedding ceremony fee for 2023 is £700. This includes:
- all phone calls, emails and Zoom/Skype/Facetime meetings
- a face-to-face meeting, ideally at the venue
- creation of the ceremony concept
- writing and editing of a full, bespoke script
- writing your vows or helping you to write your own
- ongoing contact with you and the venue co-ordinator
- leading the ceremony on the day
- a presentation copy of the full wedding celebration script and certificate
- travel costs – within a 20 mile radius of DT6 (beyond is charged at .45p per mile).
My fee for 2024 weddings is £750.
How to book your wedding
If you would like to have an informal chat before going ahead, I offer a free 30 minute phone or zoom call, with no obligation. To book me for your wedding, I ask for a 50% deposit to secure the date. If you need to postpone for any reason, I will carry it over to your new date. Happy wedding planning – I look forward to hearing from you!